"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Friday, November 04, 2005

CKU-A and QVC!!!



That is Mom and me with David Venable from QVC! We went to CKU-A in Stamford CT last week and QVC did a LIVE 2-hour scrapbooking show, hosted by David and Lisa Bearnson from CK! We watch these shows on QVC all the time...you can really get some fabulous scrapbooking stuff! Mom is the QVC shopping queen!!! I swear they know her when she calls. In fact, I have a QVC box sitting next to me right now...stuff she ordered while we were at CKU.

Anyhoo, attending a CKU is truly scrapbooking bliss!!! This was my 2nd CKU and Mom's 1st. We had so much fun experiencing it together! It is 3 days of non-stop scrapbooking in classes taught by the "celebs" of the scrapping world, like Ali Edwards (she rocks!), Heidi Swapp, Becky Higgins, Stacy Julian, etc. CKU-A was something new they did this year where each student chose an album track to take part in, in addition to regular classes. The goal is to complete one whole album by the end of the 3 days. Mom and I chose Ali Edwards' album track, entitled A Week In The Life. The idea was to document one ordinary week in your life: where you went, what you did, what you thought, what you ate, what you said, etc. Way cool concept, but Mom and I were in no way going to finish in three days. This track really challenged us, and that was a good thing. We stepped outside the box, if you will, of what and how we normally scrap. Ali has such fresh, REAL ideas. We both were grateful we chose this track. I will absolutely post pics when I finish mine, but until then the pic up top is ofMom and me with Ali.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen!!! You look like your Mom!!! What great lookin gals you both are!
Love the site.. you inspire me.. of course, you need to come to NC and jump start me into scrappin.. I have all of the supplies, pictures sorted but no get up and go... !!! Maybe one day I'll be like you!!! One can only hope!