"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Wayyyyy too long!!!

I just noticed it has been a MONTH since I last posted!!! That is way too long. Work has just overtaken all my time while I got used to my new schedule. I had to accept that I was going to simplify the holidays this year and what I learned from that is that is it OK!!! So my new mantras for 2006 are: simplify! simplify! simplify! and IT IS OK!!! (Got that last one from Ali Edwards at CKU-A in October and didn't realize at the time how useful that phrase really is, so thanks Ali!!!). So here it is, December 24, Christmas Eve, and I didn't come close to doing all the things I wanted to do this Christmas season but I feel OK about that. Accepting that I can't do it all, time-wise, financially, or physically, is a big weight off my shoulders. I really felt the stress lift on the day that I decided that it was OK to NOT put up ALL of my Christmas decorations. Instead I focused on the decorations I really, truly love and it is now that much more special. And, as a bonus, I won't be cursing left and right when it is time to take it all down and put it away in January!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: