"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All is calm.....all is bright

~ Christmas Eve, 12.24.08 ~

I love Christmas Eve. In some ways I think I love it even a little more than Christmas Day. There is a feeling of excitement and anticipation in the air. For some, me included, it is a day to soak it all in, having finished everything that needed to be done ahead of time. I do leave a few quick errands to do early on Christmas Eve morning. I go to the grocery store super early...I always enjoy the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving and the day before Christmas. I have no idea why, because the rest of the year I can't stand grocery shopping. And Target opens nice and early so I get in there to wander around well before the big crowds come out. I save a few stocking stuffers from my list to pick up on this day. Crazy, maybe. One of my quirks, I guess. I have many! But the glorious part is I am back, snug in my cozy home, by mid-morning with the whole day ahead of me. I spend some quiet time writing in my Christmas journal. I read some Christmas magazines. And usually I bake a batch of Toll House Cookies for Christmas Day. They are a favorite of the special guys in my life: husband, Dad, brother, nephew! And speaking of husbands...oh my God I am a damn lucky girl! My amazing wonderful husband is peeling and chopping potatoes at this very minute so I could update my blog. And while I baked cookies he cleaned the house. The man is a true gem and I know how very blessed I am.

Speaking of blessed, our family will be here very shortly so I must wrap this up (get it? wrap...Christmas....haha? oh, well!). This year we are surprising my Mom and Dad, my MIL, and my uncle with Christmas stockings of their very own! I had a blast filling them!

My wish for you all this Christmas Eve is that all is calm and bright in your world, and you and your family have the most wonderful, most blessed holiday ever!

Much love and peace!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how much everyone enjoyed their stockings!

Merry, merry, baby sister!

Love you much,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I hope your Christmas was wonderful my sweet friend! It's late Christmas night, it's all but over and I sit here soaking in the wonderful moments i've had with my family while checking out my dear sweet friends blogs.

Merry Christmas! Already looking forward to next year!! Love Elizabeth

marnie said...

Christmas has passed but the warmth of the day hasn't. Hoping you enjoyed the day so very much with your wonderful family.

Here's to a wonderful, fun-filled year ahead!!
Love ya!!
marnz