"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday little brother!!!

~* Celebrating Jonathan's 36th birthday at Mom & Dad's house *~

Tomorrow, March 26, my "little" brother turns 36 years old!!! Yep, 36 years ago my world got flip turned upside down! I was the little princess, the only child, the only grandchild, then this....wrinkly, rumply, smelly, little...baby...came in to the world. Quite traumatic for a little Greek princess. Never mind that I was only all of two years old when he was born! I knew life would never be the same again....and I was right! Sure I had to share (gasp!) my parent's and grandparent's affections....and I wouldn't trade it in a million years!!! We may not have always been close, we definitely don't see eye to eye on many things, and we are as different as night and day. But I couldn't ask for a better brother!!! He is not just a brother...he is my friend, he looks out for me (even though I am older), and you can see from the picture above he gave me THE dang cutest, coolest nephew on the planet!!! I was truly blessed on March 26, 1973 and I have been every day since, because I get to call that guy in the picture above...my brother.

Happy Birthday Jonathan James!!! I love you!!!

2 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I had the same experience, twice. However, I never gave up the reign of princess and I have the movie tape to prove it!

marnie said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan!!!

I have 4 brothers and wouldn't trade them for anything.