"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I got it!!! My hubs ROCKS!!!

I got it!!! I finally got my hands on it!!! I have searched high and low. Here, there, and everywhere. I have been to Borders, Barnes & Noble, Target, CVS, Walmart (God help me!).....every-freakin-where!!!
Sold out. Denied. Everywhere.

But I just HAD to have it!!! I waited so long for it. Then it started popping up all over the blogosphere. One by one people were finding it. Everyone but me (cue the drama queen music...).

I sent emails. Begged. Pleaded. Tried to buy it online. Nope. Wasn't happening.

Then, today, it happened. Kevin walked in from work and tells me he has a surprise for me. I loooove surprises!!! But I couldn't imagine what it could be. It wasn't flowers...he couldn't hide those in his briefcase. He did have to stop at the grocery store so I honestly thought he just got me a little sweet something...ya know, keeps me from being cranky.

Then...he reached in to his briefcase....and slowly slid out my surprise.....


HE FOUND A COPY OF 
FOR ME!!!!!!

Can I get a Wooo-to-the-Yippy-Ya-Hoooo!!!!!!
Woot! Woot!

What can I say?! The man is a gem! And, no, not just because he bought me a magazine. It is because it these little things he does for me, like tracking down a magazine that is so out of the realm of anything he would ever read, just because he knows it would make me happy. I am a damn lucky girl, and truly blessed!!!

If you are in the Boston area and you want this magazine, he found it at Out Of Town News in Harvard Square in Cambridge.

11 comments:

Baba said...

Wooo-to-the-Yippy-Ya-Hoooo!!!!!!
Woot! Woot!

Kevin IS a good man!

Lisa said...

What is super sweet is that he was thinking of you....and thought, "My wife would really like this..."

I've never seen that magazine before. I'll have to watch for it...

Amy said...

Gosh!!! I'm so jealous! I've been looking for this magazine!!!

Unknown said...

Our Kevin's are the best!! :) That was very sweet of him to surprise you like that!

Terri Steffes said...

Now, that is a KEEPER!

Jenny said...

Awwww....what a gem. Maybe he should buy more and you can sell them on e-bay!

Anonymous said...

GO KEVIN!!!!! I'm enjoying my copy so much Kristen. You will love it!!

The Old Parsonage said...

You are one lucky lady! I can't find it anywhere:( Let me know how you like it!

Leann

Anonymous said...

Wooo-to-the-Yippy-Ya-Hoooo!!!!!!
Woot! Woot! Your hubs is the best. Enjoy it.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Awww he's a keeper. Good for you. Sure to have lots of goodies inside. Have a great weekend sweetie.

Jodi said...

That is so adorable Kristen. He is definitely a gem. My hubby does things like that too. They just want to make us happy. Whether it be a Flea Market magazine to a diamond ring. Just the fact that he went out of his way to help you find it was really special.

By the way...can you subscribe to it?