"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thursday, September 02, 2010

First Day!

This past Monday was my favorite little guy's first day of second grade! Loving the new Nike outfit and sweet gap-toothed grin!




I couldn't be there because I was at work by my brother and my Dad diligently followed my Mom's orders ;-) and took pictures for us! That night Jonathan called to tell Kevin and me all about his first day. He was so happy! When we asked how his first day was he excitedly exclaimed, "It was AWESOME!" I love that he loves school so much! He told us all about his new teacher and that many of his friends from kindergarten and first grade are in his class. Then he said, quite dramatically (Kevin says "like Auntie, like nephew...") "...but my classroom was sooooo HOT!" Yeah, we're having another freakin heat wave in New England...grrr!

Oh! And remember my post from a few days ago about the cake I made him to celebrate going back to school? He informed me that I can also make him a last day of school cake in June! 

You got it, buddy!

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

He's a handsome little man!

A New England Girl said...

Ah! What an exciting day for everyone involved! Can you make me an end-of-the-week cake? ;)

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Aww, I'm so glad he had a great first day... he's adorable :)