"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Signs of the season.....

So it is no secret what an Autumn fanatic I am. I think it is pretty well-known that I am also a Christmas fanatic! Basically the months from September through December are THE best part of the year as far as I am concerned (OK, January, too...since my birthday is that month!).

Once Halloween came and went I usually get super excited about Thanksgiving. I am happy that it is coming up because I do love it. It is nice to have a holiday that is all about family togetherness without all the pressures of buying gifts and wrapping them and running to this party and that. But this year, for some reason, as soon as that last trick-or-treater walked away I swear the Christmas carols popped in to my head and I felt like I wanted to put our tree up!!! Of course this was met with a big hell no from the hubs! HA! I may have compromised on not putting the tree up on October 31 but mark my words these halls WILL be decked within a few days....

Adding to that excitement is the fact that while we were out today running some errands I got to experience not one but TWO of my favorite signs of the season. I have these things that to me signify that the a particular season is here. Like when I see the sign pop up on the barn at the orchard advertising the fall craft fair. For Christmas there are many things, like when one of our local radio stations starts playing Christmas music 24/7 (last year they started around the second week of November!!!).

Then there is this......
Yes!!! As I walked out of Christmas Tree Shop where I picked up a few goodies for my stocking swap partner I was greeted with this lovely holiday sight: that shiny red kettle and the gently clanging bell!!! I get inordinately excited when I hear those bells and I can't wait to drop my dollar bills in the kettle in the hopes of making Christmas a little sweeter for those in need!!!

But that is not all! As I dropped my money in the kettle I was sipping a favorite holiday beverage out of this....

The Starbucks Red Cups and my holiday favorite Peppermint Mocha Lattes are back!!!!!!

(I will admit that I did like last year's Red Cups much better. But this year there are different Red Cups for the different sizes. This was a grande (medium). I guess I need to try the others now!)

I loooove the sentiment on the cozies this year...

Stories are gifts
~*~
SHARE

So there you have it...
~* Salvation Army Bell Ringers *~
~* Starbucks Red Cups *~
~* and coming soon, 24/7 Christmas music on the radio *~

My sure signs of the season!

2 comments:

Erin | Bygone Living said...

I'm like you: a autumn/Halloween fanatic above everything, but definitely a Christmas lover as well :)

Unknown said...

I love September through December myself:) I also love January because your birthday, my Dad's birthday and my Sisters birthday are in that month! :) Looking forward to Thanksgiving with you guys:)