"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Monday, December 26, 2005

Lovin' this new project I created today!

Since the bank is closed today in observance of Christmas I spent most of the day playing around in my craft room. I ended up creating the coolest little mini-album using old CD's. I always keep those free internet cd's that come in the mail and any other junk cd that comes my way...you never know what kind of project you can use them in, and they also make good pallettes for mixing paint and pigments and such.

Back in April, Kevin and I went to the Duran Duran concert in Boston. This was especially thrilling for me, because, as a Duran Duran fan since the age of 10, I get absolutely giddy every time I see them live, but this time, for the first time in 20 years it was the ORIGINAL FIVE!!! Simon, John, Roger, Nick, and Andy!!! I was literally beside myself!!! Add to that the fact that we were sitting 5th row center just about did me in!!! :-)

Anyhoo, I have been holding on to my ticket stubs, the newspaper review, the receipt from the fan club for my tickets, and pictures I printed off the fan website with the intention of doing a layout about this experience. Which brings me to today. Instead of making a traditional 2-page 12x12 layout, I took five of the junk cd's I have been hoarding and turned them in to a mini-album of the concert!!! I still have some details to finish then I will post pics. But, basically what I did was cut patterned paper in circle the size of the cd's and ran them through my Xyron. I adhered the pieces to the front and back of each cd. Then I adhered my ticket stubs to one, pictures to several other sides, journaling to a few sides, my receipt, and a set list!!! I typed the journaling and the set list on the computer. I inked the edges of everything with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot. I still need to add a few embellishments and the title to the front cd. Then I am going to drill a hole to the top of each cd and join them all together in order with a binder ring. I am so excited about how this has come out so far!!! I would love to submit it for publication to Creating Keepsakes but I don't know if I can since I used pictures from a website. In any case I love it and will proudly show it off here when it is totally finished!!!

No comments: