"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Up BEFORE the sun.......

So Kevin and I have started on the Great Early-AM Walking Adventure, otherwise known as the I-am-making-him-get-up-before-the-butt-crack-of-dawn-because-I-don't-want-everyone-watching-me-drag-my-fat-ass-around-the-block-torture-session!!! Yep, we are getting up at 0400...yes, you read that right...4AM...to get our daily walk in. I have to say that as much as the waking up even earlier sucks it is a great way to start the day. I have much more energy. It does come with a price, though, because around 2PM I start to become mush and just want to go home and plant the aforementioned big ass on my couch! But I am determined. And I am so very blessed and lucky to have Kevin to help me along the way and to be willing to go along with my crazy-ass ideas.  He supports me, he encourages me, he loves me.....I am a damn lucky girl!!!

I am sorry I have not had much creative stuff to share lately. I really haven't done much, sad to say. There is plenty that I want to make, and there is even a lot of things I need to make. And lord knows I have more than enough stuff to do it all with. I really gotta get on the ball! What are some ways you pull yourself out of a creative slump? Please share!

We are off to Mom D's for dinner tonight. Usually Wednesday is dinner at Mom and Dad P's and Thursday is Mom D's but we had to switch it up this week. Are we a wild-and-crazy bunch or what?!?!?!

Wow...I am such an exciting read, huh?!? (note the dripping sarcasm...) I am, however, gearing up for another installment in the My Favorite Things series so keep an eye out for that. And as soon as I can get Blogger to cooperate I will post some more pics. Even though I haven't been too creatively prolific as of late there are projects I have done that I have not posted here and I would like to share. I also plan to post a little tour of my creative space soon....once it is a little more organized and, ahem, presentable.

Peace, loves, and hugs,
K-Des

(I really am a dork!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job! i really need to get on the ball too! get my fat ass up and work out! but, i wont be doing that at no 4 am crap. no sir! lol honestly, what inspires me is to read ck or some other scrap mag, tear out a page and scrap lift. Thats the easier way to get started on something, and it ends up becoming your own anyways. Go create! yes, now! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Who are you, and what have you done with my baby sister??

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Kristen!!
I am cheering you on girl (even if I am still sleeping at 4 am!!)
Keep up the great work and honestly, it does get better!!!
Big HUGS,
Marion

Anonymous said...

Kristen, good for you girl you go on that walking. I couldn't even imagine waking that early let alone ask my hubby to go with cause he is just getting in then from work and going to bed. Keep up the good work.