"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Friday, January 09, 2009

More about this Massachusetts thing.....

~* A typical sign viewed on almost every MA border *~
(disclaimer: this is not my photo...I got it from Google Images)

Ever since finding the blog I wrote about in the previous post, I haven't been able to stop thinking about embarking on my own version of this project. And once I get a bug in my butt about something I don't stop till I do what I want. Soooo, Kevin has been informed that we will be spending various bits of free time exploring our little state. 

He's thrilled. No, not really.

Whatever. If I said we were going to start visiting every sports stadium in the area THAT would be different. Not gonna happen though...at least not until we hit the lottery or something...

We ARE going to do the MA thing though, me with fancy camera in tow (or sometimes it will just be my little trusty point-and-shoot). And I am hoping to, sometime over the weekend, start a companion blog to chronicle this little endeavor. I already know what I am going to call it, too.

What? Did you think I would spill my secret and give it away?!? Don't worry...when the blog goes live you will all be the first to know. I still don't know when we will get out to take our first pics. I do know I am going to start with the North Shore, since we live here and we get to a good number of the cities and towns on the North Shore on an almost daily basis. And as long as we remain a frozen tundra we will stick close to home. But, when the Big Thaw comes and we can safely venture beyond the metro Boston area and Rt. 128 belt, the adventure will really begin.

Till then, it will be lots of pics of Bailey and snow and silly self-portraits....

6 comments:

Amy said...

Kristen, I really love this idea! I might even do something similar for my little part of N TX and S OK. Neat...thanks for sharing!

Terri Steffes said...

I love this idea too. And, I would love to learn more about your state through your lens.

Anonymous said...

Shine on, girl!! This sounds like a fantabulous idea! Can't wait!!!

Tanya said...

GREAT idea Kristen! I've often thought to do the same thing. I am enamored by all the little town "squares" and their special "town square clocks"...

Terri Steffes said...

Kristen, if you think of the woman's name who did the Recipe for Life, let me know and I'll give her credit!

Kevin said...

Did you ever do this?