"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Six.....

~* Jonathan, picture taken 4.09, one month before his 6th Birthday *~

Six years...

... since your Dad called me and told me to get to the hospital because your Mom was in labor with you ...

... since we waited with so much anticipation for the newest little member of our family ...

... since I got to hold you for the first time (and to this day I hate putting you down!) ...

... since you opened your little eyes and stared at me, grabbing a piece of my heart forever ...

... since you made me the happiest, proudest Auntie ever!!! ...

... since the beginnings of a bond that will never be broken started to form ...

... since I learned how great you can love a child, even one that is not your own ...

 You have brought such joy and unconditional love to my life, to all of our lives, more than I ever thought possible. I am so proud to be your Auntie (and secretly loving the fact that I am your only Auntie and I only have to share you with YiaYia, Papou, and Uncle Kevin!). You will probably never know how much you make my day when you run past everyone, shouting, "Auntie!!!" with your arms outstretched!!! I really can't believe how fast these past six years have gone by but it has been such a privilege watching you grow up to the fun, friendly, loving, smart little boy that you are. Auntie loves you sooo much!!!

*** Happy Happy Birthday Jonathan Jr. ***

2 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

He is such a sweetie and SO LUCKY to have you for his aunt!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday J-Man!!!!