"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween

I am a little late in posting these, but I thought I would share a few of the Halloween touches I added to my fall decor. I went very simple again and only put out a small fraction of what I have. I am liking this cleaner, less cluttered look with my holiday decor. And I certainly appreciate the ease in putting it up and taking it down.

This is the cabinet in our entryway. I changed out the runner from my fall runner to my Halloween runner. I added my beloved ceramic jack o'lantern that I made and a few other Halloween decs I have had for years. They tend toward the cutesy, and I am kind of getting tired of them, but I have had them forever and I will always keep them at least for sentimental reasons.

I added the "BOO" and "EEK" to the mantel. These are new this year, purchased at Michael's. Simple little pieces and I loooooved the colors.

The corner hutch in my dining room. I just tweaked a couple little things. Can you spot them?

A favorite candle holder.

A raggedy pumpkin head.

That is about it. I do have two little Halloween tealight holders on the windowsill in my kitchen that I didn't take pics of. Adding in these few touches took me no time at all....and I will be able to put them away in less than a half hour. Gotta love that!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

You are so clever with your decorating. I really love your sideboard with the runner on it. Just lovely!

Donna said...

I love all these decorations. They look great! :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

So cute! I love this time of year and the festive decorations :)

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Your house looks absolutely adorable :)

Carma Sez said...

everybody needs a BOO EEK sign!