"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Monday, July 11, 2011

Welcome to the jungle, we got your fun and games!

HA! Who's got Guns-n-Roses stuck in their head now?!
Happy to oblige...

:-)

If you've never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden.
~ Robert Brault

This...

and this...

and this...

and this, too!

All of it. The entire garden this year. In such a short time it has already gone so far beyond what I imagined it could be!

Everything is just growing like crazy!

And we are starting to harvest all kinds of goodness!

The photos I took yesterday really tell the story fine on their own. There is not much I can add. I am just very pleased with our progress so far. For two people who have only been gardening a few years, and the last couple years we just had our one teeny little plot, the fact that we have not only been able to keep EIGHT raised beds plus numerous pots not only alive but thriving it such an amazing feeling of accomplishment! 

It is usually hot as hell out there, and the weeding and tending can be back spasm-inducing work, but it is oh so worth it! All the sweat, all the dirt, all the terrible tan lines....all worth it!!!

Cucumbers

 Cucumbers

 Cucumbers

 String beans

 Kevin harvesting string beans




We enjoyed some last night and we will have more tonight!

 Zucchini

 More zucchini
(now that I am really viewing the photos I am realizing how phallic these look! Oh my!)

 See what I mean?! ;-)


 Little baby bell peppers just getting their start!

 Bell peppers


 Sweet banana peppers!

 Banana peppers

 These little guys will become Big Boy tomatoes later this summer!


 Little now...soon to be Big Boy!


Just as a recap, we've got 8 wildly thriving tomato plants (different varieties), 8 pepper plants (different varieties, three different types of cucumber all growing like crazy, two huge zucchini plants, five string bean plants making beans all over the place, an acorn squash plant and spaghetti squash plant that share the same bed and have gotten so big I don't know where one ends and the other begins and there are little baby squash galore in there, two types of radish, carrots, eggplant, and loads of herbs!!!




















6 comments:

Unknown said...

All I can say is Wow!! :)

Tanya said...

AMAZING!

Monica said...

Yep...me...Guns 'N Roses stuck in my head!

But WOW! Your garden is amazing...and now I'm hungry! We thought about planting a few things, but it's so DANG hot and our yard is tiny and the place I'd wanted to plant things is covered with a weed barrier and a bunch of rocks. Way too much work for me. Joey has a little cabbage plant though...it's been growing forever and will probably die soon. Inside Jenny has a little chili plant of some kind.

Someday...

Erica said...

Fantastic! Love green!

Homeowner Insurance Rates

Cheryl said...

Your garden is AMAZING!!!

Karen Pilcher said...

Have you had fried zucchini blossoms yet? You are in for a treat.
Your garden is just gorgeous, If i was closed I would be raiding it for sure. Yummo.