"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I just learned I am a Life Artist....

and I love that!!! I love to follow Ali Edwards's blog since she is my fav scrapbooking "celeb." She wrote this awesome post about thinking of scrapbookers as Life Artists. I love that! As I read and then thought more about it I realize how true it is. The word "scrapbooking" just doesn't seem to do the craft justice anymore. Scrapbooking is so much more than glueing pictures to cardstock and adding some embellishments and journaling. It is capturing the essence of your life, your family's lives, your friends lives, hell, even your pet's life! Like Ali Edwards, i am all about scrapbooking the everyday moments that make up our lives. Yes, I still scrap events like holidays, vacations, etc., but the pages I love to do and the pages that catch my eye in magazines and idea books are the pages that celebrate the every day, mundane and not-so-mundane, moments that make up my life and the lives of those I love. Years from now, when hopefully my grandchildrena nd great-grandchildren are looking through my scrapbooks, they will see what the lives of their ancestors were really, truly like. They will get to enjoy and celebrate all of the fun things like birthdays and Christmas and such, but they will also learn where I enjoyed shopping, what I or another family member was doing at any exact given moment, what things in my everyday life made me happy or sad, even waht the cost of a gallon of gas was.

Yep, I am a Life Artist. I am capturing my life right now through art and I can't think of anything more creative and freeing and wonderful!

No comments: