"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Monday, January 01, 2007

Hello 2007

Well, I managed to stay awake to watch the ball drop, and then some! In fact, I think I was awake till about 2:30AM. Can't even remember the last time I was up that late. Probably way back in the day, when I could party till 3AM and still go to class the next morning at 8:30AM and do it all over again the following night. LOL

Not really much doing today. Got up late...10AM...that is wayyyyy late for me, but the sleeping in felt oh so good! Took a shower then got right back in to my pajamas and stayed like that all day!!! It is a rainy, yucky day here today. I had the sad task of taking down the Christmas tree. :-( That is always such a bummer, saying goodbye to all of my treasured ornaments for another year. But, at the same time, it means fresh starts are right around the corner.

Then we got a call from the nursing home that they needed to move Freddie to the hospital. Things are not looking too good for him and it just kills me to see Kevin hurting like this and I can't do anything to take away his pain. :-( Kevin is still at the hospital now. i am anxiously waiting for him to check in and let me know how things are going.

Well, other than taking down the tree, I have tried to keep myself busy and my mind occupied by putting away the other Christmas decorations, cleaning up the kitchen, playing around on-line and reading. Bailey has been snoozing on the couch most of the day - he is just tooooo cute!!! Love that little furball soooo much!

Well, I guess I will get back to reading for a while. Maybe I will watch the news. who knows? It is a New Year....the possibilities are endless!

No comments: