"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sunday, May 25, 2008

~* Sense-Sational Sunday *~

Emily Adams from Luxe Designs started this on her blog some time ago and I have always enjoyed reading it. I am a big fan of Luxe products so I read their blog a lot and the blogs of several of the women behind Luxe Designs. The GLU girls and I started doing this on our private board several months ago but this is the first time I am posting this to my blog. I hope it catches on even more as it is such an interesting concept. And be sure to leave a comment on Emily's blog to let her know you are joining in!

We do it just a tad bit different in that we add in one extra "sense" which I guess technically isn't really a sense, per se, but it works for us!
I see......Bright sunshine, a freshly mowed lawn, colorful flowers, the world's cutest Beagle soaking up the sun, and hubby lookin' all sexy workin' in the yard!

I hear....Birds, birds and more birds. There seems to be an overabundance of them this year. Yes, we do have a lot of trees around our home but there just seems to be a crazy amount of birds. I am not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand they are part of nature and I love that, their song reminds me it is spring and it is beautiful outside, and some of them can be cute. On the other hand, some of them are not so cute and they all poop everywhere. Grrrr!

I feel....Energized, sore, but a good kind of sore that tells me I accomplished so much today, dirt and sweat all over me, which usually bums me out but today it says I did a lot, I accomplished A LOT!!!

I touch....Again, dirt. Lots and lots of dirt. It is under my nails, and inside my Crocs and all over my Tshirt. Probably in my hair, too!

I taste....Yumm-o hot dogs that Kevin just cooked on the grill. Usually I am not a big hot dog person, but there is something about them being cooked on a grill or over an open fire that just screams summer to me!

I smell....The intoxicating scent of freshly cut grass. I love that scent...it is so summer and warm weather and homey. Much like the smell of a roaring fire just screams fall to me and makes me want to nest IN my home, so too does the scent of cut grass scream summer to me and makes me want to get all nesty in my yard.

(Please pardon the insane amount of run-on sentences, poor sentence structure, and punctuation issues! Normally I am pretty anal about that stuff but this exercise just seems more "real" if I just kind of let the words all tumble out on the screen!)

No comments: