"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Holiday magazines!!!


Picked this up at AC Moore this weekend! Great holiday papercrafts!

While out doing my errands this weekend, I am noticing that the fall and holiday magazines are starting to make their appearances on newsstands everywhere! I love magazines at this time of year!!! I so look forward to all the articles about decorating, crafting, cooking, festivities, etc. And the holiday issues of the magazines I subscribe to are starting to arrive in my mailbox, too!
Hallmark magazine, Sept - Oct '08 issue!

I *love* magazines! This post here certainly shows that! Well, I simply love to read. And I do read a lot of books, just not nearly as many as I used to. I find I love magazines so much because it is much less of a time commitment when reading them. And saving the issues I love doesn't take up as much space as books. Oh they definitely take up space quickly but it is not necessary to have loads of bookshelves or cabinets for magazines. And I have definitely gotten better with how many I save. Which brings me to holiday issues. Most of the mags I save nowadays tend to be issues that are dated September, October, November, or December....my favorite time of year!!!
My bookshelf in my craft room which holds my favorite holiday issues for easy reference

The above picture is just a small sampling of the Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec issues of magazines I have saved, but the issues on that shelf are among my favorites. One issue in particular that will ALWAYS remain on that shelf in easy reach for me to grab whenever I need is is this one:
October 2005 issue of Country Living

This particular issue of Country Living has to be, by far, THE best autumn-themed issue of a magazine ever. Not just of Country Living....of ALL magazines!!! Oh how I wish I had had the foresight to purchase several copies as I know that over the years this one will wear out because I look at it so much! I am eagerly awaiting this year's October issue to arrive in my mailbox. All of their October issues are really good! I usually love them all!

So now you had another glimpse in to one of my obsessions! Off to read my magazines!!!

7 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Sigh..........

Such a good post. And, soooo true, but I am trying to be good and not spend so much on magazines! You are making it soo difficult!

Anonymous said...

Excellent idea about buying multiples of key mags to wear out....putting that down in the To-Do List in my Fall journal.

I am a total magazine freak, too, as well you know. I am pretty sure it's a requiremnet for being GLU Diva !!!

Thanks again for another fun post...and you're lookin' good, girl!!!

Tams

Unknown said...

Oh a girl after my own heart! Love ya and loved that you stopped by!

Well, come by and check out my last post for the mystery trip! A bit late but better late than never I say! LOL!
Many hugs!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all the holiday mags out now. It's so hard to decide which ones I want...so I just pick one up each time I out and about!!!

Enjoy those magazines!!

Marion

Tanya said...

I love saving my old mags for reference! When I started getting too many (I limit myself to whatever I can stuff in 1 big rubbermaid tote!) I start going through issues and tear out the pages that inspire and throw them in a binder with page protectors! (A tip from Ali Edwards!)

Did you finish your scrap room?

Amy Davis-O'Malley said...

Yeah- this time next week it will be SEPTEMBER (oops and my Mom's birthday!) HOORAY! BTW, that picture of you is so cute! Love the haircolor!

Anonymous said...

Girl you KNOW it! This issue is the best! I have to say that CL Oct.1999 comes in a close second!!! Rock on my fall sisath! Elizabeth F.