"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Monday, August 11, 2008

I need accountability......


Wall between the two closets in my craft room. These cubes mostly store my Stampin' Up sets and mediums, glues, etc.

So I am posting these pictures here of the disaster that is my craft room!!! I intend to clean it today, and I figure if I post these "before" shots it will give me the motivation I need to get it cleaned and organized so I can start creating again. If I don't do it, I will be too embarrassed to come back here and post till it is done, because everyone will expecting pictures of a nice, clean, organized craft room! So no more procrastination!!! This monstrous job gets done TODAY!!!
This shot was taken from the door to the room. That is usually my work table...when you can see the surface, that is.

Another shot taken from the door, looking to the far wall and my bookcases. These two bookcases hold all of my most favorite stuff: craft books, favorite stamps, holiday stuff, etc.

Piles of stuff on the floor near my table. Notice in all of these pictures how many things are still in bags!!!

My cabinets and shelves. It has been a long time since I have seen that countertop.....

More stuff all over the floor. Why is there a bed-in-a-bag set in my craft room??? Good question....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me your room looks like most of our crafting rooms.

But if you are set on getting it cleaned up I sure hope you did otherwise don't fret enjoy life is short my friend.

Terri Steffes said...

Good gracious girl, go get that thing organized. What a mess! (ok, did that help??)

I know glorious things come from your chaos so I am not one bit going to push you to "organize" because that means NOTHING is coming to my mailbox.

Anonymous said...

i'm sort of in the same spot as you, except i'm packing it all up AGAIN(1 more move, and we should be in our OWN home). I'll be so glad when i finally have a permanent scrap room and fix it like i want to. I have been driving myself crazy with trying to figure out what to pack for storage and what to take with me to my gparents house where i'll be for a couple of months. i know i have waay too much that i'm bringing, but i can't help that "but i might need this!"-after 4 days of this, i am still NOT done- almost though- hope to be completely finished by tomorrow, or Wed, since i am trying to pare down what i'm taking with me. Have fun reorganizing! its always such an accomplishment when you get it done! :)

Trooper Thorn said...

That is some array of materials and stuff. Did you get it done?

Just remember what Oscar Wilde said: The only thing worse that having a cluttered craft room, is having to do decoupage.

At least I think he would have said that.

Tanya said...

Kristen, Kristen, Kristen! Damn girl, look at all that stuff! I have a ton of stuff, too. I shouldn't talk! I love your room though! Seriously wish I had a larger room! Must scrap together SOON!!!