"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July Dessert

~* YUM!!! *~

I promised I would share the recipe for the super simple dessert I made for the 4th of July party we went to. It was gone within five minutes of being put on the table! I almost felt guilty about how easy it was when everyone was raving about it!

~* Easy, Creamy, No-Bake Cheesecake *~

You need:
Oreo pie crust (you can buy a ready made but making your own is super simple. I just pulse 25 oreos in my food processor till all the cream incorporates and you are left with chocolate crumbs. Then I drizzle in 4 T melted butter to bind it. Press in to pie plate and bake at 350* for about 6 minutes. Simple!)

Filling:
8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 T pure vanilla extract
8 oz tub of Cool Whip

Whip cream cheese till fluffy. Add sugar and whip till it is fluffier. Add sour cream and vanilla until it is just combined. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Fill pie crust and put in fridge for 4 - 6 hours (I think it is best overnight). Before serving top with fresh strawberries and blueberries. (Really you can use any fruit or berries but I liked the red/blue combo for today!)


(This makes a lot of filling. You could get two or three pies out of it. Rather than do that I took the extra filling and made mini-desserts in a muffin tin. I used cupcake papers, put a whole Oreo in the bottom, then topped with the filling and berries.)

5 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

That looks SO good. OH *drool*

Unknown said...

That looks so yummy!!! I might have to give that a try! Thanks for sharing!:)

The Blonde Duck said...

That looks delicious! Thanks for popping by on my SITS day! It was so sweet of you! I hope you come back!

Ashley said...

THAT LOOKS SOOOOOO GOOD!!!

Alicia said...

mmmmmm i looooove cheesecake!!